A friend of mine has this picture framed in his living room:
This family quote above speaks volume and is the reason why I am inspired to write this article.
I ask myself what does family mean to me, and then I answer myself:
- Family is the basis and fabric of humanity and society.
- Family is what keeps us safe, loved, fed and sheltered.
- Family is what caters for our needs and education.
- Family cares for our well being.
- Family is the fruit of love and respect between a man and a woman.
- Family is the role model for love, sacrifice and forgiveness.
- Family is where we grow with our siblings and endeavor through the web of life together.
- Family is just a word that carries a lot of meaning and actions behind it.
- Family has no boundary and is not confined by the same bloodline.
- Family is a conscious effort to care for another fellow human being.
- Family is spiritual charity and selflessness.
- Family is a reminder that you should never bite the hand that fed you or keeps on feeding you.
- Family is humanity realizing its unity.
Without my family and all it provided to me, I would not be the same person who I am today and perhaps I won’t be here writing this article.
I only pray to God that I have the strength to stay loyal to my family and treat it the same way it treated me. After all, there could be a reason why in the Bible there is one commandment that speaks about that:
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
What is family to you?
You may also like: