If you are in cryptocurrency, then you might have encountered one or more of the following acronyms and wondered what they meant. Here you go:
- FUD: Fear, uncertainty and doubt. A propaganda to lower prices.
- FOMO: Fear out of missing. This is when you invest out of fear and not of educated decisions.
- HODL: Misspelling for “hold”. People say HODL so that you don’t sell your BTC and hang on unto them.
- Mooning: Price going up extremely high.
- FIAT: Government-issued currency, such as the US dollar.
- Whale: Someone who owns lots of cryptos. They might sells them to manipulate the prices.
- Bullish: An expectation that the price is going to increase.
- Bearish: An expectation that the price is going to decrease.
- ATH: All time high. The highest price a coin has ever been
- Market Cap: Total supply x Current price
- ICO: Initial Coin Offering. Like IPO for the stock market
- ROI: Return on investment
- Cold storage: Storing the crypto coins offline. Be it on a paper wallet or a hardware wallet.
Note: This is a live post and will be updated with new acronyms in the future.
You might also like: