I had the chance to go to Microsoft Store and check out the new Surface Book. This is the video review below:
I personally was not wowed about it. Here are my comments:
- When you close the lid, it is not very convenient to open it up. Unlike other laptops I used, say the MacBook Air, with the Surface Book, you need two hands to open the lid and you need to push a bit harder
- The screen does not detach without first pressing the EJECT button for a couple of seconds
- The keyboard is good. If you’re a programmer you may get used to it, it has a nice feel to it.
- It is relatively heavy 3.3 pounds
- The competitors have already a hybrid laptop where you can detach the screen from the keyboard and have a dual experience: tablet or laptop.
I also shot another video showing the new stylus:
What is hard to capture in the video is how it feels when using the stylus. Each stylus tip gives you a different feel / drag on the screen. That’s pretty nice!
In conclusion, and in my opinion, the Surface Book does not deserve to be called “The Ultimate Laptop”, at least not yet.
You may also like:
Also check this article: http://www.altheadlines.com/feminism-as-a-divide-conquer-strategy-for-social-control-13251192/
From the book The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz: