It was a sad moment when I realized that I have to move on and find a new keyboard.
While I could have bought a PS/2 adapter, I needed the “Windows” key which is available on newer keyboards.
I think a big majority of programmers love their keyboards and their layout, just like me.
I am very picky when it comes to keyboards. If I don’t like the keyboard, I might not like the whole laptop for instance.
It took me a while to get used to the old MacBook Pro’s keyboards but just after I started liking their keyboards, Apple changed the mechanism to the butterfly mechanism and made the keyboards repulsing in my opinion. I won’t buy a new MacBook because of their keyboards. The same goes for Microsoft Surface laptops. I did not like their toy-like keyboards and therefore won’t buy, endorse or use a Microsoft Surface book or laptop . The most pleasant keyboards so far are the IBM / Lenovo keyboards. That’s why all of my PC laptops are a Lenovo X or T series.
You might also like:
Sometimes, chain emails are educative. This time, the video talks about the today’s reality with respect to friendship, love, health:
- Lots of Humans, but less humanity
- More Degrees, but less common sense
- Lots of friends on Facebook, but no best friends in real life
- Big House, but a small family
- High Income, but less peace of mind
- Costly watches, but no time
- High IQ, but less emotions
- Advanced medicine, but poor health
- We touched the moon, but we don’t know our neighbors
- Number of affairs, but no true love
Please watch the video and feel free to share it with others:
You might also like:
I come from Lebanon and the dog eat dog mentality is what I have experienced all my life.
I don’t know why, but for some reason I was different than others. I never liked or participated in the dog eat dog mentality. I was always honest even though people would most often take my fair share of things because of that. Eventually, as life wished it, I managed to leave Lebanon and live in a better country that is not rampant with cheating, bribing and corruption.
In my home country, politicians and people in power steal from the poor instead of helping them. The whole country is ran like a family business where the politicians pass the chairs down from father to son.
Due to scarcity, even the people started to adopt the mentality: “Me first, others later”. Eventually, they started cheating on each others. A famous song by Ghassan El Rahbani (in Arabic), describing the whole situation in Lebanon. Lebanon is not unique in that aspect. Probably other third world countries thrive with this mentality as well. Continue reading “It’s a dog eat dog world”
- When man got afraid
- When he got afraid from darkness, he invented electricity
- When he got afraid from cold, he invented clothing
- When he got afraid from thirst, he dug wells
- When he got afraid from disease, he invented medicine
- When he got afraid of fire, he invented the fire extinguisher
- When he got afraid from loneliness, he invented the television
- When he got very bored, he invented social media
You might also like:
Book or Boob? Of course it is the boob. Who reads books these days? A flashed boob garners more attention than actual knowledge. That’s the current state of affairs these days. Continue reading “Book or Boob?”
Keeping with every year’s tradition on this blog, I am doing a preliminary translation of the 2018 predictions by Michel Hayek.
- I am not a professional translator and I do this as a hobby.
- I do not claim that the translation below is accurate or true.
- I did not translate everything. I skipped many things including predictions of events that are very local to the Arab region and Lebanon.
If you can understand Lebanese Arabic, I have edited and cleaned the TV interview with Michael and made it available here:
- The 2016 World Predictions according to Michel Hayek
- The 2017 World Predictions – Between reality and illusion, between today and tomorrow
Let’s get started! Continue reading “The 2018 World Predictions – Michel Hayek”
Memes make rounds on the internet and this time, I received this quote:
A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction.
The first thing I did is make sure that this quote is really attributed to Oscar Wilde and it was indeed.
I totally agree with his quote especially in this modern age.
It is hard to find a young woman that is not obsessed about makeup or how she looks. In fact, these days there are less and less true things about a woman’s appearances. Consider yourself lucky if you find a natural woman who is not riddled with insecurities.
Plastic surgery to make bigger breasts, asses or lips are but a minor subset of cosmetic surgeries that are conducted mainly to increase their sexual market value and appeal. Continue reading “A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction.”
From my own experience, let me elaborate a little on each of the “murderers” below. Continue reading “Relationships Never Die a Natural death: the 4 top relationship killers”
I come from Beirut, Lebanon, a third world country by all means. We have corrupt politicians, political seats handed down from father to son, the worst power and water infrastructure, etc. I wrote a short satirical pamphlet about my home country and published it on Amazon, check it out. The reason I mention my origin is that having lived in the 3rd world country and now I live in the US, I can compare and contrast about the human mentality. Continue reading “One day, the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich”
The PUA community’s sole focus is to teach men how to learn the game so they can charm women into their bedroom or land a girlfriend.
They have so many techniques ranging from cheesy pickup lines to negging, keeping frame, treating a woman badly to destroy her ego, and what not.
Becoming a pickup artist requires skill and practice. You have to become an alpha male: a male that women desire. Ironically, the MGTOW and PUA community refer to that archetypal guy as “Chad”.
Often times you have to fake it until you make it: pretend to be someone other than your true self. They argue that your actual personality may not be the right personality to get you the girlfriend of your dreams.
The endgame of those PUAs is to find women, date them or pump-and-dump them (using their parlance). Continue reading “My take on the Pickup Artist community – Treating a lady right”
It is no secret that woman are hard to understand sometimes because they are affected by their hormones, mood swings, upbringing, the society and political correctness.
If you are, like many other men, confused and not sure what to make when you hear a woman complaining then here’s a short glossary of words and what they really mean:
- Creepy: anything an unattractive man does (eye contact, conversation, smile, flirt etc.)
- Loneliness: not being approached by a tall robust, good-looking stud. The rest doesn’t count
- Celibacy: spending more than 5 days without sex
- Personality: a tall, robust, good-looking stud. One of deceiving means women use for non handsome men
- Dream: share the top 5% of elite men, the rest can fuck each other
- Equality: being superior to men, special rights and privileges to women
- Rejection: having less than 5 dating options and not being invited to events more often
- Fear: looks fading and losing the competition to younger, hotter female rivals
- Vagina: the most powerful multi-function tool a woman can use to get anything she wants because it makes her think she is entitled to get profiles with no responsibility
- Men friend: an asexual slave creature who women gather for favors, entertainment and free stuff. Someone who a female feels no sexual attraction to
- Woman: a perfect angel sent from heaven who is blameless, pure, delicate, gracious and free from any guilt and a victim of men
- Government: a biased institution which pampers and cuddles to women. For example: female-friendly laws, “yes means yes“, equality, etc.
Now after you start to understand a woman and get closer from her, you should make sure you know what is the right way to say things in order to keep her happy:
|What’s for dinner?||Can I help you with dinner?||Where would you like to go for dinner?|
|Are you wearing that?||You sure look good in brown!||WOW! Look at you!|
|What are you so worked out about?||Could we be overreacting?||Here’s my paycheck|
|Should you be eating that?||You know, there are a lot of apples left||Can I get you a piece of chocolate with that?|
|What did you do all day?||I hope you didn’t overdo it today!||I always loved you in that robe!|
You might also like:
- Metta Prayer and other quotes of wisdom – In the memory of Mr. S.N. Goenka
- The Allegory of Youth
- The three teens and the ass selfie obsession
- The young professor and the old layman
- The boy and the apple tree