Back in the days, when I was learning pickup techniques from pickup artists, I ran into “The Magic Questions pattern” by Jack Ellis (the author of “Forbidden Patterns”). The purpose of these questions is to have a nice and fun topic to talk to women whom you just approached in a public setting. Women like it when men talk about them, compliment them or do anything thing that make them feel special.
The Magic Questions
Here are the magic questions, ask them in any order:
- Visualize yourself in a white room. You’re in a bed and everything is white. How do you feel?
- What is your favorite animal? What qualities do you see it as having?
- What is your favorite color? How does it make you feel when you think about it?
- Imagine yourself on a beach. Nobody is around and the ocean is right in front of you. What do you do?
Take mental note of the answers because you will have to interpret the answers back to them.
What the answers mean
After you finish asking the questions and taking notes, it is time to interpret the answers back to the interviewee. The meaning of each question is as follows:
- This is how they view death and dying
- This is how their friends view them
- This is how they view themselves
- This is how they view sex
Putting it into practice
Let me give you an example. You meet a random girl that you want to approach and talk to. You can use the four magic questions as a nice conversation opener:
“Hi, how are you? …”, then you add, “I have a cool personality test that I can do and it reveals a lot about your personality, do you want me to do the test?”
Usually, the girl will answer “Yes, sure”. You can actually sense an increase in her interest and a bit of excitement.
You then tell her: “I am going to ask you 4 fun questions”. You then proceed and ask the 4 questions.
- You: What’s your favorite animal and why?
- Her: Oh, I like cats because they are cute and free spirited
- You: Okay, what’s your favorite color?
- Her: It is hard for me to decide, but I like the color blue. It makes me feel relaxed and it reminds me of the ocean which I like too much
- You: Imagine yourself, alone, at a nice sandy beach on nice sunny day, how do you feel?
- Her: If I am really alone, I would just go butt naked and enjoy myself fully. I would get a tan, swim, run along the shore
- You: Very good. Now’s the last question. I want you to imagine yourself in a white room all alone, no one around you, you are laying on a white bed. How would you feel?
- Her: Oh, I don’t like to be alone. But to answer you, I would feel a bit lonely, but I also feel peaceful
There is no right or wrong way on how to do the analysis. In fact, you might be borrowing a lot from cold reading techniques as you give your analysis.
After asking the questions, you now tell her: “Okay, here is my analysis”:
- Your favorite animal was the cat. It is how your friends see you. They perceive you as a fun and independent person.
- Your favorite color was blue. The color tells about how you perceive yourself. You are a laid back person, chill and open minded. Like the ocean and the sky which are both blue, they are equally big and all encompassing. This also suggests that you are a friendly person
- Being on the beach alone and what you would do tells about your sexuality. You are a wild person when it comes to sexuality. You are willing to let go, experiment and show no inhibitions when you feel right about it
- Being in a white room alone is analogous to being on the death bed and how you view the end of your life. You might perceive your last moments as moments of peace, yet you feel it is a bit saddening that you are going to leave behind you all your friends whom you treasure and love.
You get the idea! Be creative and make sure you are sincere and try to deduce more about her personality from the chat and the replies to other questions.
You might also like: