In my previous article “An encounter with Amway / WWDB recruiter” I shared my story about encountering an Amway recruiter.
In this article, I want to give you some tips on how to spot and recognize Amway recruiters before they lure you and waste your time / money.
Let me give you 7 tips on how to spot Amway or WWDB recruiters:
- They hang out in coffee shops a lot, Starbucks seems to be their typical place. They are usually friendly and will initiate contact with you in the pretense of “we are just being friendly”
- They dress really sharp. As the saying goes: “Dress for success”. They dress sharply to give you the impression that they are really successful. If you look around you, they would be the only ones in the coffee shop, dressed so sharply and sitting by themselves. Consider how they dress along with the other factors I mention below.
- They usually carry with them “self-help” and business related books from authors such as John Maxwell, Robert Kiyosaki, etc. Some book titles they would be recommending:
- When you chat with them, then ask them about what they do, they will become mysterious and never tell you what they do
- They mention one or more times words such as “my mentor“, “being independent“, “working for yourself”, “business partners“, “business opportunities“, “building a network”
- Example scenario: “Oh, I was not so good at such and such, but that all changed when I met my mentor. He taught me everything I know”
- They try to inflate your ego and tell you that you’re a good hardworking person, with a good character: “you got what it takes, you could be a good fit for my kind of business, let me take your number and let’s meet again”
- Another example of that is when they try to compliment you in order to establish rapport: “Excuse me, but I really like your hat”, or “Excuse me, but your shirt is so cool, where did you get it from?”
- They try to set up an appointment with you, so that they:
- Lure you more and speak vaguely about what they do. Remember, once they feel you took the bait, then perhaps they mention the word “Amway”, “WWDB” or other big company that resells for Amway.
- Give you hope by keep saying and mentioning “perhaps I can introduce you to my mentor, he’s a good teacher…but first you have to earn his respect”
- You see them over and over again and with different unsuspecting prospects
That’s all I can think of now. If you have more ideas or thoughts on the matter then please share them in the comments.
Here are some books and links that shed some light about the true nature of working with Amway:
- Amway: The Cult of Free Enterprises
- False Profits: Seeking Financial and Spiritual Deliverance in Multi-Level Marketing and Pyramid Schemes
- Amway dreams – the things they will say
If you want to approach MLM with some humor and have 30 minutes to spare, I promise that you will enjoy the following video from November, 2016.
Can you make money with Amway?
Do you want to master Batch Files programming? Look no further, the Batchography is the right book for you.
You might also like: